Friday 27 May 2011

Password boxes


Razzles password
For Razzle's password, you find a note in his toolbox with a picture of snakes. As this doesn't say a specific word, I didn't want to be too strict on the password. So this is why I have more than one password that works on this box, I've also added the password in a mixture of lower and uppercases. When you press the guess button, it closes down the menu (hides with alpha:0 and moves coordinates) if you have the correct password he will say so- then give you his ladders as a reward. The ladders reward pops up when you close his dialogue box (the actionscript is hiding in the speech dialogue movieclip.) If you guess wrong then he'll say it isn't right. You can then close down his speech box, click on him again and the password menu will pop up. This menu will keep doing this until you guess the password correctly. Once you've obtained the ladders from Razzle his speech bubbles alpha will go to 0 so that you can't talk to him anymore. 


Pincode



This works the same as Razzles password, just not as complex since there's only 1 working password. You obtain this password through the hospital patient, it's her thankyou gift for making her better.

6 comments:

  1. HI Stephanie! Thanks for the link to my tutorial, I just noticed that you used it. Glad it worked out! I made a site change and my links all changed. So the correct link to the tutorial is now here: http://marianomike.com/2012/easy-flash-as3-password-validation/

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typed in "Snake" And it didn't work o n o , so I tried "Snakes" and it still didn't work! I don't understand ;; n ;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same i tried all of the passwords that it showed in the pictures but it didn't work D:

      Delete
  3. I tried all of the passwords it says in the picture. He won't let me use his ladder. :( It's sad because it's a really good game and i want to complete it >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried various passwords, none of them worked!
    - snake
    - Snake
    - snakes
    - Snakes
    - 3Snakes
    - 3 Snakes
    - 3snakes
    - 3 snakes
    - ThreeSnakes
    - Three Snakes
    - threesnakes
    - three snakes
    - threeSnakes
    - Threesnakes
    - three Snakes
    - Three snakes
    - 3
    - three
    - Three

    ReplyDelete